How To Build Blog Community Around Your Blog
Blogs are a great way to make your presence felt in a in the online space. If you find your blog becoming steadily popular with more and more people visiting with every passing day, it is probably time for navigating to the next phase of its development “Build Blog Community“. Typically, when you just start off with a blog, most readers would be visiting in a consumptive mode. They would simply read through your posts in a bid to gather as much information as possible. However, the next stage of development would involve taking them to a more interactive mode where they would be more inclined to respond and contribute. Subsequently, you would need to concentrate your efforts towards building a community with these blog users. Although community building is likely to happen naturally over a period of time, some concrete measures can actually speed it up.
Build Blog Community Around Your Blog
Some Tips for Encouraging the Community Building Exercise
1. Concentrate on Comments— The best place to start off with a build blog community exercise is the ‘Comments” section. This is because; this section would probably attract users who are looking for some interactivity in the blog. Therefore, you could use questions in your posts for drawing responses from readers. You could try to interact with readers through your comments and moderate spammers and trolls so that your users feel safe to interact. Finally, make sure you respond to queries that might have been put forth through email or comments.
2. Use Reader Centric Posts— In order to encourage interaction that would result in community building, you would have to show readers that you value their specific needs by providing posts that are largely about them. You can do this in a lot of innovative ways. First, you should be answering all your reader questions to the best of your abilities. You can invite questions from them. You can also post a question inviting a discussion. The primary aim is to build on a rhythm for your blog where the readers occupy center stage and are provided with the opportunity of contributing and appreciating their value.
3. Use Interactive Projects and Tools— Interactive projects and tools are the easiest ways for ensuring participation. You could consider running quizzes, weekly polls, and competitions and so on that would allow your readers to perform their tasks by assuming ownership of the same. Even anonymous polls possess the power of connecting users quite remarkably.
4. Invite Content Generated by Readers— Depending on the subject of your blog, you can always use a section for inviting tips or suggestions from readers. This will help them to feel more connected to your blog and helping you to build blog community. Some of the readers who are fond of sharing their expertise with the other members of the community can actually become regular writers on the blog.
5. Cheer Your Community—Make sure you utilize each and every opportunity of cheering along your community, for emphasizing on the sense of belonging. Use terms like “we” and “us” when you speak of success or milestones achieved by the blog.
Community building is all about using your blog in the most innovative ways possible so that readers could consider it as their very own. Your calculated efforts would surely reap fruits over time.
So these are some tips to Build Blog Community Around Your Blog.
Don’t forget to share your views about Build Blog Community Around Your Blog.
This is a guest post by Jenny Simpson . If you would like to write for Wpblogtips