Install Histats WordPress Plugin – How To
If you are blogger and running a blog then you must need any Counter or State code which helps you to track your visitors. Histats is one of the most popular and widely used state counter for both blogger and WordPress, For blog post blog it is really easy to use its code, Since we have to simply paste it in Blogger template section. But for WordPress it little bit tricky and that’s what you will see here.
After getting lots of effort at last when you drive traffic to blog it is more important to find out some parameters like From where you get the traffics, referral sites, landing pages, Search Engine Traffic, live tracking and many more and for checking all these things you will require good utility and that’s what Histats is all about.
Install Histats WordPress Plugin
Steps in Steps Guide to Add Histats Plugin in your WordPress Blog :-
- First of all load the official website at http://histats.com/.
- Then fill simply form regarding your site and data to register.
- Once you create your account click on “Counter Code” tab select from 10 to 20 different designs.
- Copy your choice of counter code.
- Open your WordPress blog and locate Appearance –> Editor and then find the PHP file for the footer.
- Then find the line having the text “</body>” and paste your code just before that.
- Then update that PHP file to add tracking code.
Alternatively, you can also install Histats, By downloading the plugin from the official WordPress site and then unpack that package in your blog and finally activate that plugin to see the real state of live visitors around the world.
Many of you are wondering that why we should use Histats, if we already have Google Analytics installed on a WordPress blog, But a key point is Histats gives you real time tracking of your visitors with entry pages, referral sites, search term and other parameters which Analytic can’t give you.
In case If you found any kind of errors or problem at the time of Adding code in your PHP file, You can post it here and I will try to solve it as soon as possible.