Top 10 Successful Blogging Strategies For Bloggers
Blogging is easy to start, but difficult to master, Like every other thing you need to have Successful Blogging Strategies to get succeed. Most bloggers never see themselves get as famous as their blogging idols, but that doesn’t stop them from trying to be the next best thing on the web. In my experience, successful blogging doesn’t accidentally happen—it’s something that a blogger earns through hard work and the careful crafting of their own personality.
Here are my top 10 Successful Blogging Strategies that I regularly recommend to bloggers of all niches. Give them a read and try them out. I hope they work for you as well as they did for me and my colleagues!
Successful Blogging Strategies
1. Shorter Posts: The size of a post-means everything. Most online readers have little to no capacity for reading long form articles, so shorter posts are best if you want to hold their attention. This isn’t to say you should compromise on quality: if the subject you’re blogging about is dense and complex, you might have to use 900 words instead of 200.
2. Stronger Writing: Stronger writing makes short articles all the more powerful and impacting to a reader. You’ll often hear bloggers through around the idea of “strong writing” without giving it much context. Let me break it down for you. Action verbs, active tense, colorful adjectives and original language all make for strong writing. No one wants to read a post filled with clichés and repetitive writing, so to write the most imaginative and thoughtful posts possible.
3. Focused Content: Well this the most important part of Successful Blogging Strategies, Strong writing also means having a firm hold on the subjects and topics that dominate your niche. If you’re an education blogger like me, for example, then you should continually write on topics like student living, the college experience, and general higher education headlines. You want your readers to recognize you for covering one specific aspect of the overall blogosphere.
4. Magnetic Design: Moving away from the writing aspect of blogging, you should also strive to make the look of your blog as memorable as possible. I’m not saying that your blog has to be a hallmark of web design, but it should reflect your distinctive blogging personality so as to resonate with your writing. Readers appreciate a blog with thought put into the design as well as the writing, so don’t pass up the opportunity to impress on that score.
5. Stay Current: With so much competition out there, it’s imperative that you stay on top of the latest trends and headlines regarding your particular niche. If I want to be a successful education blogger, I can’t ignore the trends of online education and distance learning. I have to stick with what’s popular in the blogosphere, know the material like an expert, and blog about it to readers with my own unique input on the matter. To ignore the trends is to ignore success.
6. Social Media Will Work for You: Yes, you might want to look into Twitter, Facebook, and even Pinterest if you want to expand your readership. You might not like the idea of tweeting into the unknown in hopes for some RTs, but that’s the only way that you can hope to build a larger following. Social media tools also work beautifully as a means to expand your network of bloggers and meet like-minded colleagues.
7. Reader Interaction: A blogger’s success can be measured by their relationship with their readers. A blogger with a small but devoted readership has a great chance of expanding their influence just by word of mouth. You could cultivate your own loyal following simply by interacting with your current readers. Answering comments, asking questions at the end of posts, and responding to reader emails are just a few effective methods of endearing yourself to your readers.
8. Wit and Humor: No one likes reading a dry blog post, particularly if it’s a long one. Even if your niche isn’t the most interesting of subjects, there’s got to be a way to write about them with wit and humor. In fact, if you can figure out a way to make a dull subject funny and interesting, your readers will probably love you for it. I can’t exactly teach you how to be witty or funny, but I certainly encourage it. The more popular blogs in any niche and you’ll see that they have a little wit and tongue-in-cheek humor to every post.
9. Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is an underrated form of networking and marketing for any blogger. If you have the opportunity to write for a quality blog, by all means take it! Even if the subject doesn’t exactly cater to your niche, it gives you a great opportunity to showcase your writing to a new readership. I heartily recommend hosting quality guest bloggers on your blog as well. After all, I’m living proof of the successes of guest blogging!
10. Pushing Boundaries: Above all, a successful blogger pushes the boundaries and tests the limits of their niche. You shouldn’t be satisfied with merely recapping the week’s events or summarizing interesting stories. Quality blogging is all about asking provocative questions and mining the depths of your reader’s curiosity for conversations that progress the understanding of a subject. Ask yourself daily if you’re doing enough to push the envelope.
Some good Successful Blogging Strategies like above can make you and blog popular in very less time, it will take some time when you start feeling the changes of your Successful Blogging Strategies on your blog. What are yours Successful Blogging Strategies? Let me know!
Don’t forget to share your views about Successful Blogging Strategies For Bloggers.
About The Guest Author: – Lauren Bailey is a freelance blogger who loves writing about education, new technology, lifestyle and health. She works to research and provide sound online education advice and welcomes comments and questions.