SEO Terms Definitions Webmaster Should Know
SEO Terms Definitions Webmaster Should Know -As a webmaster you should know a bit about SEO Terms Definitions which is used around the blogging community. I make a list of some most used SEO Terms Definitions or SEO glossary for webmasters, Who don’t know Definitions of these most used words.There are too many SEO Terms Definitions used in web world.
SEO Terms Definitions
1. Algorithm : -Algorithm is the method which search engines use to determine search results.
2. SEO : – SEO is Search engine optimization a technique to improve visibility of any webpage in the search results. SEO is mainly divided into two methods On page SEO optimization and Off page SEO optimization.
3. Backlinks : – Backlink is the hyperlinks on any other website pointing back to your blog-website. Backlinks are one of the most important part of Search engine optimization because they affect directly the Google PageRank of any web page and Play major role in SER.
4. Title Tag: – The title tag is the title of any web page, and it’s one of the most important factors in Google SEO Techniques, to get the best results your every post title tag need to be unique and containing your focus keyword.
5. Meta Tags: – Meta tags are used to give search engines and searchers some information about the content of your post,Only title tags and Meta Tags show up in search results .
6. Keyword : -keywords are the Words that are used by search engines to get an idea about the topic of a given web page. Well now Google is not using keywords to determine the topic.You can find best Keywords using free keywords tools.
7. Keyword Density : – Keyword density is the number of times a keyword is used in the full page. Keyword density between 1 to 3 is good for SEO, Using high keyword density can become Keyword Stuffing or keyword spam and it can also get you penalized.
8. Organic Search : – Organic Search is the Search results in a search engine traffic that are coming up naturally means without paid advertisements. I have written a post on Organic SEO Tips which might we useful for webmasters who want to improve there Organic Search traffic.
9. Crawler : -Crawler Also called search Bot or spider, it’s a program created by search engine companies to browses the web on behalf of search engines, Crawler use to discover new links and new pages.This is the first step on the indexation process, some of the names of crawler are Yahoo! Slurp, Bingbot, Googlebot, FAST Crawle, WebCrawler, WebFountain etc.
10. Page-Rank : – PageRank or Google PageRank is the algorithm only used by Google to estimate the relative importance of pages around the web.
11. Keyword Research : – Keyword Research is the process used by Many Webmasters for searching high paying and high traffic keywords -keyword phrases.
12. NoFollow : – Nofollow tag is used by website owners to signal search engines not to endorse the website they are linking to.I advise you to tag your all outbound link as No Follow.
13. Robots. Text : – Robots. Text is a robots exclusion protocol, it’s a text file which stored in the root directory of any website. Robots.text tells search engines Bot’s which part of the website should Crawler or which part not.
14 Click-Through Rate (CTR) : -Click-Through Rate is the percentage of users who click on any ad link or SE website listing out of the total no’s of peoples who see that ad. For example 6 clicks on view of 10 is 60% CTR.
15. Cost-Per-Click (CPC) : – CPC is the system used by most of search engines and advertise networks in which ad companies pay an agreed amount to publishers for each click on their websites, The best example of CPC is Google Adsense.
16.SERPs :–Search Engine Results Pages
17.Site Map –Site Map is the collection to URL’s which used to give search engines and visitors a secondary route to navigate through website.
So these are some SEO Terms Definitions Webmaster Should Know.